This article discusses the steps to how to Clear Cache on FireTV Stick and Other Fire TV Devices.
What to know?
- Open Settings and then go Applications. Then open Manage installed applications, select an application and then choose clear cache.
- Choose clear data to delete locally stored application data, if not uninstall to delete the application and its local data and cache.
- If the fire TV device does not work properly after clearing the cache, to clear all data on the device perform a factory reset
Instructions to delete the fire TV sticks cache and other fire TV devices
One of the most common causes, when an application stops working properly, is cache corruption. In some cases, because the cache is too large, the application will also slow down and the performance is not as good as expected. In both instances, the solution is to clear the cache.
There is no option to completely clear all caches stored on fire TV devices. The only way to clear the cache on a Fire TV stick or other fire TV devices is to clean the cache for each application, or only for specific applications that are causing you trouble.
Guidance to clear the cache on fire TV stick and other fire TV devices:
- Click the home button to return to the main menu of Amazon fire TV.
- Go to the settings menu.
- Choose the application menu.
- Choose option Manage installed applications.
- Click an application to clean its cache.
- Select the option clear cache.
Repeat this process and select clear data, if your application still does not work properly. Some applications, such as Firefox, also permit cleaning cookies.
- To clear other caches, press the back button on the remote control, select other apps, and then select clear cache for each extra app.
What is known as fire TV cache?
The most useful thing about fire TV devices is that you can download applications that allow you to watch videos, listen to music, and do many other things. Each application you install has a cache, which is the data temporarily stored on the Fire TV device when the application is running.
Fire TV stick and other fire TV devices have enough processing power to transmit video. Fire TV cube and fire TV 4K can stream video in 4K, but problems such as slow speed, delay, and application crash still exist. If you encounter any of the above problems, delete the cache on the Fire TV stick or Fire TV.
Clearing the cache on the Fire TV stick can solve the problems of slow speed and application crashes in most cases. But, you may need to delete the cookies, delete application data, or even do FireTv Stick factory data reset settings if this does not work.
How to release the space on the Fire TV stick or Fire TV equipment
Cleaning the cache of applications that tend to create particularly large caches can help free up space on the Fire TV stick, but this is only an option.
If you clean up the cache on the Fire TV stick to free up space, you also need to check the size of each application and the size of data they store on your device.
- Tap the home key on the remote control and go to Settings, then open my Fire TV, go to option “about” and then go to storage.
This screen allows you to view the remaining storage space on the device. If the storage space of the device is really insufficient, you need to delete the cache or data on some applications, or even delete applications that are not often used.
You need to choose an option device or system other than the My Fire Tv option of some fire TV devices and older software versions of Fire TV.
- Click the home key on the remote control and go to Settings, then open Applications and then go to option manage applications.
Click scroll up and scroll down on the remote control to browse for installed applications and view the information on the right side of the screen. This will allow you to determine which applications take up the most space.
The following is the meaning of each part:
- Size – the total amount of space occupied by applications, temporary cache, and local data.
- Application – the size of space occupied by the application itself.
- Data – the amount of space acquired by locally stored data, such as photos, videos, etc which are permanently on the Fire TV devices.
- Cache – space received by temporary cache files.
To free up space, select an application that has a large cache or locally stored data or that is not used frequently.
Uninstall the application, delete the cache or clean local data.
Until there is adequate free space, repeat this procedure.
Guidance to reset the fire TV stick or Fire TV equipment to factory settings
Cleaning the cache of an application on the Fire TV stick usually makes the application work again. In some cases, you may need to select the clear data option, or even delete the application and download it again.
If your fire TV stick or Fire TV device does not work well after cleaning the cache of each application, you can carry out a factory reset to clean all data stored on the device. This will affect your entire fire TV stick, rather than processing only one application at a time.
If your only goal is to clear the cache on a few applications, do not perform the following factory reset procedure. The following procedure will convert your device to its original factory state, which will delete all your applications.
Steps to clear all data on the Fire TV device and restore it to its initial factory state:
- On the remote tap the home button.
- Go to Settings and open my fire TV.
- According to your device and software version, you may see a device or system rather than my fire TV.
- Choose Reset to factory defaults.
- Do reset.
- Wait for the Fire TV equipment to reset.
We would like to hear about your problems, questions, and suggestions. so feel free to contact us.